Inside Sales Representative (Business Development) Description
The Inside Sales Representative will prospect for and set up meetings with small to mid-sized business executives that meet our target criteria. Their primary responsibilities are to generate a consistent stream of appointments for the Outside Sales Rep and to provide organized, professional follow-up in support of Outside Sales with those prospects that show an interest in receiving a proposal for TOSS services.
This role is a ground up training position where we will develop the Inside Sales Rep to become a future Outside Sales Representative.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly quota for qualified first appointments and recurring revenue sales made by the Outside Sales Rep they support.
- Create and execute a multi-faceted prospecting plan through walks-ins, cold calling, email and attending networking events to build relationships that will create new business opportunities.
- Provide identification and documentation of a prospect’s needs and priorities to prepare Outside Sales for the first appointment and support them as needed on that and follow-up appointments.
- Timely and accurate completion of required prospect follow-up/paperwork and reporting.
- Maintain accurate and timely contact activity data in our CRM system.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings, which include providing activity projections and results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales prospecting methodologies and processes.
- Highly self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Technical aptitude.
- Must possess a positive and enthusiastic mental attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree desired; additional 2 years sales experience required for individuals with no degree or 1 year for individuals with Associates Degree.
- Typically require 2 years of prior direct sales experience to the small or mid-sized business market (and an additional 2 years of prior sales experience for individuals with no Bachelor's degree); or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience selling or setting appointments for a Services Company, or within the outsourced service industry is highly desirable.