This position is part of the Operations team that administers the TOSS infrastructure and services delivered to our customers. This position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the TOSS Network and Windows Systems environment, taking ticket escalations from the Helpdesk, and completing project work for our customers.
- Daily monitoring and management of the TOSS network infrastructure which includes public carrier network connections, Virtual Private Network connections and internal IP networks within our offices and data centers.
- Management and ownership to resolve cases in the queue, Includes direct assignments and escalations from the Helpdesk.
- Develop capacity planning guidelines for the network and systems infrastructure and services.
- Analyze management tool information for services, then develop recommendations and implement them.
- Documentation of maintenance procedures for TOSS services and training Operational team members on the maintenance of these services.
- Create design changes and implement them to improve network reliability and performance.
- Monitoring and management of VoIP infrastructure which includes routers, switches, servers and carrier circuits.
- Daily monitoring and management of the TOSS computing infrastructure which includes Windows Domain Controllers, Windows application servers, and servers supporting messaging and IP Telephony.
- Monitoring and management of MS SQL database maintenance and backup plans.
- Administer and maintain Windows file and print services, user accounts and MS Exchange email accounts.
- Perform project installation and upgrade work in the area of network, servers, applications or workstation installation.
- Complete customized project work for customers as defined by Scoping and Consulting agreements.
- Other work and responsibilities as requested by the VP of Engineering.
- Position may require any of the above work to be performed after hours and on weekends to resolve service outages or perform maintenance that requires system downtime.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the ‘Network and Systems’ Operations or Engineering field or related technical area.
- Possess the ability and demonstrated experience to proactively monitor and manage Networks and Systems.
- Be able to properly manage capacity and make recommendations for upgrades.
- A working knowledge with Wide Area Network services from public carriers and experience or skills to troubleshoot network connections consisting of DSL, T1s, MPLS, MOE, and Frame Relay services.
- Experienced in standard concepts, practices, and procedures relating to internal IP networks, using WAN and LAN technology. Includes a solid working knowledge of IP networking and the basic services running on IP networks such as DNS, DHCP and IP subnetting and QOS.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and VPN firewalls.
- Experience working with dedicated Public Internet services.
- Possess working knowledge of Public Internet Domain Name registration and the functions provided by Public DNS.
- Experience or familiarity with IP Telephony systems.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft server operating systems and the administration of services and applications running on them.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory network environments and their security.
- Experience with file/data backup services and administering database backup maintenance plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange messaging systems, services and their operation on public networks.
- Experience with Storage Area Network technologies and their operation in a data center.
- Must have Strong verbal and written communication skills along with a good time management discipline.
- Must have experience documenting processes and the ability to train team members and other TOSS groups on the processes and technologies.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently while also coordinating project work and support functions with other team members.
- Must have good problem resolution skills and the motivation to resolve problems with internal tools or seek and use alternative technical resources.